Monday, October 13, 2008

Project 3 - First Esquisse

This will be my FIRST esquisse of the final project.

Because my final project will be entirely handdrawn i opted to use sketchup to show my intended angles and perspectives. Once these were established, i used these in a series of images to show my layout.


















Sheet one will consist of 2 elevations. With these images i intend to show my building in its context with the surround buidlings, trees, playgound... etc.


















Sheet two consist of site plans, then building floor plans. I realise that this layout was a bit squashed but I felt that this would be an effective way to show the correspondence of plans.
AFTERTHOUGHTS: Like I suspected, these images were too cramped and I had forgotten a key architectural concept, the existance of architecture in its context. With particular the ground floor, I should have placed it in context with pathways, trees, seating areas.. etc.
This will however take away from my concept of continuity in plans. Will have to work on this.


















Sheet three consists of sections. Like sheet two, this is squashed, but the relationship between the cross sections and longitudinal section are established this way. (The cross section relates to the section of the longitudinal section below)
AFTERTHOUGHTS: Will put sections in context, and show how this relates particularly to the height of the surrounding buildings. I believe this will go well to show how the design was intended to show the building's low stature which allows other buildings, ie : rugby club, to see over it.

No comments: